Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Treasuring His Word

Staying accountable....

I have memorized Isaiah 33:6 and Proverbs 2:1-5 and will continue to weekly review theses as well as keep them in my prayers.

For the first part of February God has brought me back to a passage He gave me during the time of our church-wide call to fasting and prayer:
Isaiah 43:18-19 (NKJV)
"Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert."

This is not only the direction God has given for the church but for me personally. Anybody else out there hiding His Word in your heart so that you won't sin against Him? Feel free to share.

I have learned that memorizing His Word is most fruitful and effective when the passage is in areas of need in our personal lives. I am excited that He has something new for me and I want my hands free so that I can grab hold of it when it comes to me. If I am holding on to something from the past they won't be free for the new thing.

Before I go for the day I wanted to publicly brag on my Jesus. He is truly the gift that gives and keeps on giving. This morning I awakened to snow. Yet again He has shown me great favor. Can anyone do what He can do? Can earthly artists create the beauty He displays? He creates beauty out of nothing. They still need to use His colors, His tools, and what do they paint? His world. Can anyone have thought up the creation He has bestowed upon us? Camels? Zebras? Katydid's? Blueridge and Smokey Mountains? Niagra Falls? Daisy's? Venus Fly Trap? That is only a smidgen of the visual beauty He has granted; what about the smells? Roses, Bread cooking, and skunks very own special aroma. I didn't say all smells are pleasant but to that Skunk it is his protection and God did it on purpose. His purpose is brilliant and pure creative genius. Praise Him, He thinks of everything! And what about sounds? Thunder, infant cries, our own voices, winds rustling through the trees, rain falling, the laughter of children who really get the giggles! Amazing. And then let's not leave out touch. The soft fur of animals...one day I would love to hug a lion but I am willing to wait until He says it is safe. The roughness of bark on trees, the squeezing of fat baby cheeks (both kinds!) The warmth soft fleece and itchy wool brings. He did it all! His imagination is wild; and I am wild about Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am memorizing verses on Trust and Fear. Just realized last month that my fear is SIN. And WOW the freedom that came with that realization!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey that was me, I didn't hit the anonymous button!!!! Love ya! Donna