Sunday, February 01, 2009

Spiritual Retreat

I am at Ridgecrest. I got here around 3:45 today and will remain here until around 2:30 Tuesday afternoon. For those of you who have had the great privilege of a trip to Ridgecrest you know how blessed I am. Then add to that I am one of only 14 people here. My husband gave me these few days away with his blessing. He could tell I was needing some time alone with Jesus, the Lover of my soul. He is truly wonderful to me. Thank you, honey.

After I arrived and nested in my room I changed out of my church clothes and into my hiking garb, cap and all. I found a wonderful secluded place in the prayer garden by a gentle stream. God is so very good and personal to me. He knows how much I like streams and rivers and so He provided a special place for the two of us. In complete privacy I knelt before my Lord in total humility; He is holy and I am not. I talked to Him out loud from the depths of my soul and He bent low to hear so low I could almost touch Him. In fact at one point in our conversation I sensed He was sitting on a rock about 5 feet away from me. I asked if that was Him and if it was to please come much closer and hold my hand. I know He did. Maybe I am crazy but He is more real to me than what I can see with my physical eyes. I talked on and on and then peace fell like a gentle breaze across my soul. Then it was His turn to talk and He did. His Word is alive and active because it is the present words of my very real Jesus. He spoke directly to all I had shared and my questions were answered. What can I say, "He loves me."

I am completely captivated by His love for me. It is my hearts desire to return His extravagant and lavish love. Oh to be able to take His face into my hands and bring my mouth to his ear and whisper, "I love You back." I know that would put a beautiful smile on His glorious face.

Tomorrow morning will come early for me I will go to sleep tonight meditating on His sweet words to me. Awaken me Lord with ears to listen as one being taught. Be forever on my mind.

Till tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use the time wisely, as I know you will. Feed from His bounty and drink from His glorious outpouring. You deserve more than a few days but it is all I can muster to let you be away from me.

Loving you is the easy thing I do.

Anonymous said...

I love reading/hearing about others who sense God so close. This happened to me in VT when I went down by the river to be still. I was singing, then praying, then I could just hear Him walking down that path closer to me. It literally took my breath away and I said "I know thats you Father, thank you for being so close and never ever leaving me alone". It is the most awesome, mind blowing experience to be his daughter! It brings me so much joy to just know how you felt and that He sat with you!!