Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Spiritual Retreat

I awoke this morning around 6:30; it was cold and the bed was warm. As I always do, I quickly ran to the window to see if there was any snow. No snow but the wind was hurling. I jumped back in bed to hear God asking me what I was doing. Huh? "I have something for you to see" was what He said to me. Now? It isn't even light out. That was His point. Then I heard Him whisper, "You don't want to miss this." He knows exactly how to get to me, I never want to miss anything. I jumped up got the water getting hot for hot chocolate. dressed twice...needed two layers on. I left the room knowing exactly where He wanted me to head...our Mt. top. I left the hot chocolate in the room and proof (camera) that I really did get up this early.

When I arrived there was a scene of beauty. Colors streamed across the tops of the peaks of the mountains and them a thin thread of clouds above that. It was gorgeous but I new the climax hadn't even happened yet. I had to get back in the car to warm up a few times. One time as I was worshiping Him in the car It was like He said, "Let me show you something else while you get warm." The trees all around me started swaying, bowing low almost to the ground. It was so graceful and very appropriate for them to bow before their Creator. Back out to see the sunrise. There she was, the sun slowly inching her way above the mountain tops. All the colors now concentrated in her. Everything is shadowed now by her presence. She has arrived and the whole world is in awe. I stood in awe.

I thought about the Son. How he "set" in the dark grave but then He "arose." Everyday is a reminder to us all that the Son arose. He arose to sit in His proper place; above all. I wondered about His return and what it would look like. I praised Him for being the Light of the World and the Light in my world. I thanked Him for bringing to me personally sunshine. I thanked Him for not letting me miss His personal display of beauty just for me. I let Him know I loved the workmanship and the Designer. For the rest of the day I will be setting with the Son.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep this up and I'll never get you home.

Glad you are having a great time with the Lover of your soul.