Monday, February 02, 2009

Spiritual Retreat

Though the day is just half over my cup rennet over. God first showed me a favor by having Texas BBQ for lunch, in North Carolina. Again I gleam at His personal touch in my life. I don't want to take anything for granted. Thank-You Jesus for a great lunch.

I have been to the top of the mountain. Literally I've been to the top of the mountain. I thanked God all day and night for "our place" by the stream yesterday. This morning on the way to breakfast I sensed He had another place in mind for today's visit. I had thought He would take me to the fire-pit but when I got there He clearly said it was not the place He had chosen. He said,"Go up." I drove up and up; pass the gym, pass the ball field, pass the putt-putt and then up and around and up and around and up and up some more. Then there it was....the most beautiful view of mountain peeks spread out before me. The clouds looked like He had ran His fingers through them and then shook them to let drops falls all on top of the peeks. It was as if He was saying to me, "What do you think about this?" And yes, ladies I did find myself applauding His beauty, and creative genius. I bowed on my knees right there and prayed with eyes wide open to His glory before me. I prayed, confessed, cried and praised Him and then I started all over again.

Then it was time to listen to Him. Again His Word jumped off the page and into my heart. Today He is to me Jehovah Rapha, The LORD who heals. I know that my healing will come only through His Word. It is a scaple (two-edged sword) in the hands of a careful and caring Great Physician. It will cut but it will also cleanse and renew. Healing will not only bring good health but also victory and freedom.

Therefore, I come to You Jehovah Rapha willing to lay myself before Your skillful hands. Remove all "filthiness and overflowing of wickedness" and then "implant Your Word." I will also continue to take my medicine, Your Word mixed with faith so that the healing will continue to be effective in my daily living. Daily I will come to You for proper treatment and continual cleansing that I may remain free and victorious over the sin that can so easily beset me. I will trust You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring everything you get there back with you. More than I want to hear, first hand.