Monday, December 01, 2008

Gettting It!

For the last fifteen and some-odd years I have been pondering the same questions; why do some "get it" and others don't? And what causes one to "get it"? It has been my lives' passion and calling to teach and proclaim Jesus' Words that women in particular will "get it" or better said, "get Him." Last night in our Discipleship class I heard the words I most want to hear, "I get it!" I have seen the changes in this particular ladies countenance and heart over the past few months. It took all I had to stay in my seat. I wanted to jump for joy and do a dance on the table.

So there it was someone else had gotten it. You know I had to ask how and what were the circumstances around your getting it, please tell me everything. I have asked these probing questions for years and have found one common denominator in all that have said with big smiles, "I get it!" They each in there on way wanted more and began to seek for more...more of Him. God has promised that when we seek Him we will find Him. The more we seek the more we find.

I am fortunate and blessed in some strange way for not growing up in a Christian home. You see Christianity and Church didn't have the opportunity of breeding familiarity and therefore becoming common and routine to me. The very day of my salvation began an intimate love relationship with my Beloved that has only grown in its intimacy. I can say that there were two major "dates" with my Beloved that spurred our love even deeper. The first was a Sunday School teacher named Leland Evans who showed me the Word of God was alive and filled with personal treasures for me to unearth if I was willing to dig. I now have a love for God's holy, powerful and life-changing Word. His Word satisfies me like nothing else. The second was Experiencing God. I have done this study around 10 times and each and every time I have experienced God in a new and refreshing way. You see I "got Him" and continue to seek to "get Him" more and more.

Do you "get it"?
If you do, share with me if my common denominator fits into your own testimony.

Praise God He got me before I ever got Him!

3 comments:

Deana said...

Well one of the most amazing getting it moments for me has been going through all this "junk". You know the junk of which I speak so no need for details. Not to long ago I was praying and crying out "Why?" I began to study God's word and ask Him to help me. He led me to the passage of the children in the wilderness. It was like I had never read this before! I said "Oh I get it Daddy! You will give me enough manna for the day. I need to totally rely and trust in You during these times. Your grace is enough. I dont need to think about tomorrows manna, I might not see tomorrow." Isn't He just the sweetest! He always meets me right where I am and where I need Him! He is truly Jehovah Jireh!!!

JPBC said...

Great post! It is a thrilling thing to be apart of God's working in someone's life that yields an "I get it" response. He gets all the praise but you get a "that a girl" for being faithful to your calling. Faithfulness despite indifference among some of our hearers is a goal that we should all strive for. Well done! Some of my own "I get it" moments have happened when I wasn't looking for it. I was going through the motions...playing church...pretending everything was okay when it really wasn't. The only thing I can put my finger on as to the reason something came together for me is the conviction of the Holy Spirit through the preaching of His Word and the testimony of Godly people who didn't give up on me and spurred me on to the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. I was a slacker and God was/is rich in grace. It is my prayer, as I am sure it is yours also, that more people will get it...that the "blind" will see and the "deaf" will hear.

Keep fighting the good fight of faith Pam...you are greatly appreciated!

C.C. and Double T said...

You know my story. I would have to say that what made me "get it" was seeing the testimony lived out by others who already "got it" and realizing that I didn't have the same thing. Realizing that what they had was much more appealing than what I had. A desire to get out of the muck and a willingness to examine my heart and to grow and change.