Saturday, December 20, 2008

Countdown to Christmas: Day Twenty-One

I'm still pondering Mary.

Gabriel tells Mary at the end of his foretelling about the birth of Jesus, Oh by the way you might be interested in knowing that, "Elizabeth your relative (aunt) has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren."

Why? Why does God give Mary this information? What does Mary do with this information? Verse 29 says Mary arose in haste to go into the hill country to see Elizabeth. Why? I so much want to run on and on with my own imagination and share why I think this detail is shared and why Mary was so eager to find her, but I will restrain myself for your own benefit. Take time to place yourself in Mary's sandals and feel what she may be feeling, think what she may be thinking and fear what she may have feared. How would this information be helpful to you? What would you do?

Ponder God's heart towards Mary and Elizabeth.

My goal for doing these blogs has been to aid myself and possibly someone else to keep Christ in the center of their thoughts and deeds this Christmas. I don't so much want to give you thoughts but to lead your thoughts towards Him. With the little I have said this afternoon, ponder for yourself.

Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments: