Monday, December 01, 2008

Countdown to Christmas: Day One

I am challenging myself to blog for the next 25 days. I know, I know exactly what you are thinking because I am thinking it to. She won't do it. Christmas is a time for miracles. Don't laugh but pray and keep me accountable.

Why is this so important to me? Because. Wow, I am tearing up as I try to express my feelings; not quiet sure I can. I am very passionate about CHRISTmas. I think I will just start with my pondering in the car on the way home from Dallas. I was remembering the quote, "Jesus is the reason for the season." I am in compete agreement with this; Christmas is about Jesus. I began to ask myself some questions. Does Jesus share His glory? Is He preeminent? is the Holyday kept holy? Where do I spend all my time, energy and thoughts through this season? I was taught early on that this is a good test to see what/who I really worship. Do I worship a man made image or the true Son of God? Still pondering the answers. The last thought that came from the Spirit was to remember not only His birth but why He came.

Jon and I will be alone this Christmas...the family was all toghether for Thanksgiving. I had thought that this would be a miserable Christmas for me but have come to learn that God has something wonderful in store for me. I don't know what it is but I am leaning in to hear, putting on my glasses to see and reaching up to grab hold of all He has to show me about CHRISTmas; His CHRISTmas, The LORD'S Christ. Join me on the journey!

Merry CHRISTmas!

1 comment:

Jon L. Estes said...

Can't wait for day 2 (that's today my wonderful wife...)

jle