Friday, December 19, 2008

Countdown to Christmas: Day Nineteen

I know that I missed several days due to not having internet connection at our hotel in Vermont. You should have seen the room we had. Wallpaper in a bold pattern on all the walls, floor to ceiling. A totally different color and pattern for t he curtains and then other colors and pattern for the bedding. Wild. Let me just say that absolutely nothing on this trip went as expected. Nothing happened as I had planned it in my head. The unexpected in the midst of expecting certain things can cause you to go into a tail spin. I'm a planner. I come by it honestly, my mother is a planner. The hotel wasn't what we expected, the owners were not what we expected, Boston was nothing like I had imagined it. The trip to Boston didn't go as planned. The meeting with Tina didn't go as I feared. The "party" didn't happen as I had dreamed. Yet, I can say without any doubt or regret, "God was in control of every minute." In the unexpected I experienced what I hadn't dreamed of, what I could not have imagined. My greatest joys came from directions I did not even know existed.

The first Christmas brought the unexpected to all those who had great expectations with clear ideas of how it would all happen. The Messiah came in such a strange way, completely foreign to all their plans. Yet, He came. He came as a baby. Think about it the King of all kings, The Lord of all, The Creator of the universe, Almighty God came as a baby. And not a baby born to the wealthy and noble, but the poor and lowly. He did not arrive with a silver spoon in His mouth but laying on straw in a feeding trough in a cold dark cave. His announcement did not come to the rich and famous but to the shepherds who were looked down upon. He came in ways very unexpected. Yet, He came.

This Christmas remember that Christ comes even today into your life in very unexpected ways. In areas you may not even give a second glance...look again and see if you don't see Him. Christ is in our CHRISTmas just in a different way than we may have imagined.

1 comment:

denisebroome said...

I'm glad you got a chance to meet with Tina and she allowed Richard and Robbie to go with ya'll to the party. I know that alone was worth the trip!!!!!