Saturday, July 11, 2009

Last Bit of Camp News

We are finally home after a day of what seemed like all waiting. After getting up early yet again, Hannah, Steph and I took our luggage down to be put into the trailer. when we arrived Devon was walking away from the trailer rather slowly. I opened up the trailer door to a loud scream and boo. Hmmmm, guys I don't scare easily in the morning. They were so disappointed that we didn't even budge. I just said, "Guys help the girls get their stuff in." I did hear that our guys did get one boy really good but only after he had tried to get them first. Want the story ask Dalton.

From Jon's blog you already know the story on the van so I won't bore you with that. I did want to report that the goal for Ridgecrest FUGE was $100,000.00 to send for missions to help the Roma people and the Canadians. By the week we arrived that had received almost $75,000. our week took up around $20,000. Wow! I am so proud of our own youth for their giving. We raised $108.00! Our first offering we took up I gathered $87.00. The next night I announced what we had. They started yelling we need to give more, here is another dollar, two, three....till we arrived at the wonderful number of $108.00. I was really proud of those who truly wanted to give and gave cheerfully.

Now that I am home there is so much work that needs to be done for VBS and then helping Jon get things together and nailed down for the Mission Trip. I do want to finish the topic I started about the battle and how we can teach our children warfare. I am hoping that the silence is because you are all praying and pondering the answers.

Now it is time to prepare my heart and mind for the Lord's Day. Have a great one.

No comments: