Friday, July 24, 2009

It's Over or is it?

VBS 2009 has come and gone. It is all over. We have reason to celebrate. I know of four children who accepted the Lord as their Savior. What a blessing to witness God's love and power.

Teachers stayed late to get things back in order for Sunday. Everyone is looking forward to this Sunday's worship service. I know I have great anticipation for what will happen in the worship service. I know of one young lady who has committed to be a part of our family and will be joining. I know of two more young ladies that recently asked Jesus to be their Savior and will be walking forward to share their news with the church family. I have to admit that I owe great gratitude to Brian Chambers for doing Children's church for me so that I could stay in the service. It didn't take much arm twisting since the message is going to be to women.

Although VBS has come and gone we still have much work to do. We need to follow up on those visitors and salvations through VBS. Those that were saved that are connected with out church we need to disciple. Older women need to teach these younger ladies about walking with Jesus in this new life He has given them. Older men need to teach these young men how to walk as godly men. I know that God has also brought into our midst those who don't know Jesus personally yet and we need to continue to shine light into their darkness.

We still have much work to do. Although we may grow weary in our work we must seek to never grow weary of the work. That is why the family of God is so vital to our good health; we need the encouragemnet, the cheering, the stirring of others.

I want to thank all those who helped make this years VBS great. I know the cost you paid. May GOd richly bless you and may you hear His sweet voice say to you, "Well done thy good and faithful servant."

No comments: