Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Christ in us

My ladies (Sunday School class)and I have begun a new journey together with Christ. We can't go anywhere without Him for He is, "Christ in us, the hope of glory." The word glory can be a very hard word to translate into our English language with the same depth of meaning. It does have the idea of "weight" or "substance." I learned, from where I cannot remember, to replace the word glory with the word presence. Thinking about the weight and substance of all God is, is His glory it is His presence. Let's try it. "Christ in us, the hope of presence." His presence revealed in us.

That is our goal as we travel together through the book of Galatians with most of our attention on the fruit of the Spirit. I want to be different than the natural woman that I am. Instead of living and reacting to life with my natural tendencies I want to live with supernatural power. Although the Disciples walked physically with Christ they didn't know the power of supernatural living until the Holy Spirit came upon them as promised by the Father. That same power was given to each of us at the moment of our salvation. I have the same power but am I living with the same unleashing and bold power?

Think about it, do you naturally express love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control? I am not asking if you at times exercise these characteristics. I am asking when your ordinarily natural response to something would be_____________ and through the power of Christ in you, you _____________ instead. Fill in the latter blank with any of the above fruit of the Spirit and it's opposite in the first blank.

Can't be done? Oh, yes I cry out to you with ears to hear, "It can because I am living proof." I have grown up! I live in victory over my natural self. Not that I have arrived completely, oh no that would certainly be fodder for the enemy. Yet I have experienced victory in certain areas that were pitfalls for me every time they arose. Now my goal is to yield every time my natural tendency is to do the opposite. Now that is great power coming through.

Join us as we seek "Christ in us the hope of presence."

1 comment:

C.C. and Double T said...

I am striving to be aware of His "glory" with me every moment. He truly is Amazing!

Praying for you. How are you doing? When can you come visit? :-)