Monday, April 20, 2009

Glad to be Home!

Wow; how long has it been? I was given a special birthday gift from my two sons, a trip "home" to Dallas to be with my mom as she recovered from major surgery. I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of my boys....men now.

My mom is doing really great. She has one of those new scooters to put her knee on and scoot around the house. She is just as fast on that as she is behind the wheel of her car. I love my mom she is truly a treasure to me. She is a true servant giving continuously to her church. She prepares meals once a month on Wednesday's for the congregation. She picks up several of the elderly ladies and takes them to church on Sunday's and Wednesday's. She will often take them out to lunch on Sunday afternoons. There was a younger woman who came to Dallas and God brought her to my mom's church. She struggled to find a job. The church hired her as custodian and Mom quickly went to work in providing furnishings for her apartment and making curtains. I love my mom's heart to serve and do good....especially to the ones others would tend to see as a burden. My mom also has a wonderful sense of humor with a saying for everything. I enjoyed being with her but glad to be home.

While at my mom and dad's I had no internet....hard to live life without it once you have lived with it for so long. I have had so many thoughts pondered that I have a lot to make up for. Stay tuned, I'm home!

No comments: