Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Treasuring His Word

In one of my earlier blogs I mentioned the areas that I sensed God was leading me to make some changes in this new year of 2009. One of those areas was hiding more of His Word in my heart. Nothing is more profitable for us than treasuring His Word within us. My husband's blog challenged us today to memorize Scripture. Check out Java with Jon.

I was talking to Jon last night about blogging and why we do it and what benefits it has for each of us. I think the Lord is using it in my life for accountability; even if that accountability is with myself.

My desire was to memorize 2 verse(s) a month. I have memorized:
Proverbs 2:1-5 (NKJV)
My son, if you receive my words,
And treasure my commands within you,
[2] So that you incline your ear to wisdom,
And apply your heart to understanding;
[3] Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,
[4] If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
[5] Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
And find the knowledge of God.

I not only have memorized this passage I have used it in my prayers. Below is the next verse I want to memorize and make apart of my prayers. I was perusing some my web sights and saw that one of my teachers was challenging her students to memorize Scripture and this was the verse she had chosen and the translation. This verse speaks to where I am at need and so I am adopting it as my next verse to hide in my heart.

Isaiah 33:6 (NET)
"He is your constant source of stability; He abundantly provides safety and great wisdom; He gives all this to those who fear Him."

What about you? Don't forget to check out: http://jacksonparkbaptist.blogspot.com.

No comments: