Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy Birthday Grant

Today is my baby's birthday. Grant is turning 24. It does not even register.

Grant has grown into quite a gentleman. Do I sound surprised? I'm not really because I kept believing God for Grant. We have had our moments Grant and I. I have had my disappointments and yes many sleepless nights over him.

Today, Grant is always calling to check up on us and never hangs up without telling me he loves me. When Jon had his seizure on the road, Grant was who I called first and before I could blink he was on the road to come to us. He is a neat freak now; this completely blows my mind. He has become financial independent and making very wise decisions.

He is engaged to Anneen and the proposal was done with thought and romance. He took her to her favorite place (her church) as the sun was going down. She says that it was raining all the way until they got there and then it stopped. The ways she tells it, it was a miracle just for them. She is a sweetie. He then got down on one knee and proposed. I know those of you who know rough and tough Grant are shaking your heads in doubt. Grant was the one who took his Blazer to the desert to hot rod and then got stuck, the one who built a fire in the fire pit that was as big as the house, the one who skateboarded off the roof and the one that said he wasn't getting married until he ran with the bulls. I do believe that he said he was going to find a woman who could do it all and wait on him hand and foot. You should just see this guy around Anneen. He melts like butter in her hands.

Grant is active in his church. He has helped fix the building up as they moved to a new location. He and Anneen lead a Weekly Bible Study in her family's home. When Grant was in New York and Michigan they would pick books and read them and then talk about them over the phone. They keep each other accountable.

I am a proud mom of a 24 year old son. I am a proud mom of a young man seeking after God. He's not perfect but neither is his mom.

I love you son!

No comments: