Monday, January 03, 2011

My Story

My mom and dad came to visit Jon and I for Thanksgiving. While they were with me I decided it would be a perfect time to ask about their childhood and ask questions I had often wondered about but always forgot to ask. I learned so much and my learning explained many things about my own life. Gleanings that could make a difference in my future and my children's future.

Something was said by my oldest son while we were spending Christmas with them that got my wheels spinning. How much do they really know about me? I have always thought I was one to be an open book to my children but just maybe there are things they are unaware of. If that is so then I want them to know all there is. I want them to know not only for the sake of memories but for learning more about themselves and possibly making the necessary changes to change what then can of the chains I have passed along.

The past year and half God has had me teaching my SS class through Genesis. How amazing to read our spiritual beginnings. We studied all of it, the good the bad and the ugly. Through it all we saw God's scarlet thread of redemption. Together we learned that God is always more than willing to forgive, show mercy and to give a new beginning for those who would turn to Him. We noted the hand of God move through each of the lives of the patriarchs. He was and is sovereign orchestrating events to bring all to the life changing knowledge that He is Lord.

I believe with no doubting that God's mighty hand has been in my life. He has orchestrated events that drew me to Him and to a greater knowledge of Him. I believe my story is worth telling for my children and my children's children. To be honest I am really scared to do it....is God the One behind this?

I was awakened last night around 1:30am and the story began to unfold and I couldn't get it out of my head. I couldn't get back to sleep till around 5:00am. If I could only type it the way it was unfolding. I know it will take months if not the whole year. Maybe that commitment scares me even more. Most who read this know how I dislike blogging. I don't know where this is going to take me. I do know that it is not something I will be posting anywhere but here nor am I compelled to tell anyone to be sure and check out my blog. Maybe God will supernaturally hide it because it is really only for my own benefit and my children. I don't know. What I do know is that it won't let go of me. I have learned that if it is from God it won't let go of me until I obey.

Starting tomorrow my life story will unfold.....

1 comment:

C.C. and Double T said...

Tomorrow has come... I am waiting expectantly...

Love you! :o)