Monday, February 01, 2010

Remembering When

I was just setting here taking a break from my Monday’s housecleaning chores playing a card game while I listen to K-Love. They were playing one of my current favorites; Born Again by Third Day. I was taken back to the day I had a life changing experience with the Lover of My Soul, Jesus.
I hadn’t grown up in church but the LORD had purposefully moved me along the path to find a church and a youth group where I could be involved. I don’t know if anybody had been praying for me; if they had been they never said. As far as I can remember no one ever shared the gospel with me directly. I heard it, I am sure from the pulpit in services and I am assuming I heard it during the Youth Camp services at Horn Creek, CO. I don’t remember definitely.
What I do remember is sitting all alone on the bus (‘Ole Blue Goose) returning home from Youth Camp at Horn Creek. I was alone on purpose; God’s purposed. I knew I was a mess and that if something didn’t change I would be an even bigger mess. I knew that Jesus was a possible answer to my mess. I can’t tell you how I knew that, I just did.
I also knew that I had heard through the messages at camp, Jesus loved me as I was and wanted me. Me? Why and how? I knew from what I had learned about Jesus that I was captivated by Him. I wanted Him if He really did want me. If it was true He loved me and wanted me then I wanted Him back.
So in 1975 on a August [Friday or Saturday] night I prayed, actually my prayer became a song to Him telling Him if He would have me I wanted Him, no I think I need You Jesus. HE CAME!
I have never been the same since. Where I once was hopeless I was now filled with hope in my Jesus. Where I was full of fear I was now full of courage. Where I was filled with insecurity in this world I was now filled with security because of His love and acceptance.
So much more; so much more to share of the difference He has made in me and in my life. So much more He has for me; although I am 35 years in Christ I know it is still only the beginning.
A portion of the lyrics from Third Day’s Born Again
I was lost when You found me here
And I was broken beyond repair
Then You came along and You sang Your song over me

It feels like I'm born again
It feels like I'm living
For the very first time
For the very first time
In my life
I've a feeling in my soul
And I pray that I'm not wrong
That the life I have now, it is only the beginning

It feels like I'm born again
It feels like I'm living
For the very first time
For the very first time
It feels like I'm breathing
It feels like I'm moving
For the very first time
For the very first time

I wasn't looking for something that was more
Than what I had yesterday
Then you came to me and you gave to me
Life and a love that I've never known
That I've nver felt before

1 comment:

C.C. and Double T said...

Thank you for sharing. I don't think I ever heard this before.

Welcome back. I've missed you.