Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ready Yourselves

I know that without any doubt, hesitation or reservation that the end is drawing ever closer. I have within me a deep urgency to truly be the church and not just do church. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Can anyone out their relate? It is a matter of life and death, eternal life and death and I do not want blood on my hands. Instead I want to be a partaker of the blessings in being God's messenger of hope. I have been personally called to take the key of Christ and unlock prison doors so that captives may know true freedom. Called to take the salve of Christ and place it on the scars of the wounded. Called to bring the Joy of the Lord to those in mourning and deep sorrow. Called to stitch up the broken hearts. May the Spirit of the Lord be upon us all to go out.

I truly believe even more than ever that God is up to something huge at my church, Jackson Park Baptist. Over and over again He has confirmed to me personally in our times together that the old things are gone behold a new thing is about to spring forth. I am so ready. He has also told me that I must be ready for the new thing. I am to ready myself for what He is bringing. Henry Blackaby says in Experiencing God, "I cannot stay where I am and go with God." I want to go with God. How about you?

A song that has reverberated with my soul in recent days is the new one by Casting Crowns. I love the words and they express so much better the battle cry I am sounding to my fellow servants of the Lord.



Lord I want to feel your heart
and see the world through your eyes
I want to be your hands and feet
I want to live a life that leads

chorus
ready yourselves
ready yourselves
Let us shine the light of Jesus in the darkest night
ready yourselves
ready yourselves
May the powers of darkness tremble as our praises rise
Until the whole world hears Lord we are calling out
Lifting up Your name for all to hear the sound
Like voices in the wilderness we're crying out
as the day draws near
we'll sing until the whole world hears

Lord let your sleeping giant arise
Catch the demons by surprise
Holy nation sanctified
Let this be our battle cry


chorus

we'll sing until the whole world hears
we'll sing until the whole world hears

Want to be your hands and feet
Want to be a life that leads
To see you set the captive free

Until the whole world hears
and I pray that they will see more of you and less of me
Lord I want my life to be the song You sing
Until the whole world hears Lord we are calling out
Lifting your name up for all to hear the sound
Like voices in the wilderness we're crying out
as the day draws near
we'll sing until the whole world hears
we'll sing until the whole world hears
we'll sing until the whole world hears
we'll sing until the whole world hears
we'll sing until the whole world hears
we'll sing until the whole world hears

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this. This is truth. We need to wake up and get into this war that is being waged by the enemy. Makes me wonder what it will take.

Pamela Estes said...

So Shelly do you have a battle cry that you believe God has given you? Glad to know that I am not alone.