Thursday, February 04, 2010

My Jesus, what a thrill You are to me

Last night we had a great Bible Study, It started with the question who is Jesus. How can we fully define who eternal and infinite Jesus is? I don’t think we can but I do think it does us good and brings Him glory to at least begin.

Who is Jesus and who is Jesus to me are two totally different questions. I want to focus my thoughts today on, who Jesus is to me. He is my Father, my Healer, my Strength, Joy, and Peace. Often He has been my Corrector and Disciplinarian. He is my Teacher, Revealer, and Comforter. I really could go on and on but I won’t because I am Hoping you will take the time to recall all He is to your personally.

What I really wanted to share is that for the last 4 days He has been my Personal Trainer. Yes, this is a first for me. Let me start at the beginning, I have known for a few months, hmm, ok maybe a few years that God has been telling me that I need to change my lifestyle. I needed to take better care of His temple. This has been hard for me, I love food and I hate exercising.
A few weeks, hmm ok a few months ago I had a revelation. I can’t remember who God used I just know that the revelation came by the Holy Spirit. They were talking about our bodies being the living temple of God and that it was our reasonable service to sacrifice it to God as our act of worship. That was it! It was my Aha moment. Exercise could be my time of worship? I could exercise and offer it up to the Lord as my sacrifice of praise?

For the last four days I have been doing just that on our treadmill. First, I had to get the clothes off and dust it. Then I plugged in my Nano (a gift from Chad and Amanda, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you). The I started her up and off I went into the Holy of Holies on my treadmill! At the end of my walking I looked to the heavens and shouted, We did it!” In my weakness He is my Strength and Endurance.

This morning I woke up with a terrible pain all down the right side of my neck and arm. I couldn’t figure out why it was hurting; until I was on my treadmill and noticed in the midst of worship up went that right arm in praise to the LORD.

So if you hear that I have been hospitalized due to a treadmill injury, just praise Him ‘cuz you’ll know It happened while I was worshiping my blessed Savior. What a thrill you are Jesus!

1 comment:

C.C. and Double T said...

That is so neat! Praise Jesus!