Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rambling

I have a lot of thoughts pondering in my head and want to throw them all out knowing they won't be cohesive. Sometimes just talking things out brings clarity.

This years convention has left me wanting. Wanting for what? I usually return crom the Pastor's Conference revived and energized for ministry. That is not the case this year and come to think of it, it wasn't the case last year either. The speakers were good and challenging. God spoke to me although it was not a resounding aha moment. Is familiarity bringing a yawn or is there more to it than that?

I believe with all my heart that God is wanting to do something really big in my life, the life of our church and the life of The Church. I know that prayer will be the cost for me. I mean the Daniel kind of prayer....fasting, on my face before the throne kind of praying. Not just a one time but a long time...days, weeks, months maybe years. I don't know but I think that is a cost, a heavy cost I will have to pay in order to experience and perceive God's greater and perfect will.

Back to the convention...I really enjoy the business part of the meetings. I know this might surprise a lot of you that know I hate attending church business meetings. Church meetings seem to often to get personal, angry and out of the influence of the Holy Spirit. The convention rarely is that. We worship and exhalt the name of Jesus before, during and after. The single purpose and mind is Jesus; knowing Him and making Him known. That is fun business. Respect for leaaders is always the tone.

I think that all that are Southern Baptist would seek to attend at least one national convention. I don't think you can understand what it means to carry the title without attending ans seeing the big picture. Although in recent months I have been frustrated and disturbed by some leaders in the convention and the direction the convention has gone on some issues I have hope. I also still believe that we have the greatest potention for "turning the world upside down." That is what I want to be a part of. That is what I am wanting.....longing for.

Oh Jesus, my Savior and Lord. You turned my world upside down and inside out and I am blessed and rich because of You. I want to be used by You to "turn the world upside down." It is what I desire.

No comments: