Wednesday, October 01, 2008

'....so great a salvation"

God has a tendency to repeat that which He wants us to ponder...so ponder I must.
Hebrews 2:3 "...if we neglect so great a salvation..."

I wonder how quick we have forgotten the great gift of salvation and therefore find ourselves neglecting it. Three clear indications of neglecting our salvation is a loss of joy in our names being written in the Book of Life (
forgetting from where we have come from and to where we are going), no joy in His Word nor joy in His presence.

I am reminded yet again just how lost I was without Him. I was hopeless and purposeless. I was not alive but a dead man walking; just going through the motions and barely surviving. I had no reason to live therefore I was slowly dieing and hoping death would come quickly. BUT GOD! My two favorite words in all the Bible; BUT GOD. That is exactly what happened to me...God. He bent down very low and took hold of me. He captivated me with His love. I now belong to Him and He is mine forever more. He has lifted me out of the pit and set my feet upon a rock. I now have been filled with purpose and hope. I am alive in Him! One day soon I will see Him face to face.

How could I neglect so great a salvation? How could I not rejoice in His salvation? How could I say to my Savior, "Thanks for saving me, I'll check You out when I get to heaven. Until then just be there for me whenever I want You to do something else for me?" I can not. I will not. I will cherish and rejoice in His great salvation.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog. Keep it up you are a blessing to many.