Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Fresh Beginning

I began this blog site out of the constant, non-relenting coercing and urging of my wonderful husband. Did I mention that he is persistent? Any of you out there that have been blessed to know him, know exactly what I am talking about. I have to admit that it is one of the things I love about him and our relationship. He loves me just the way I am but loves me way to much to let me grow comfortable or better put, stagnant. Through out the last few years I have often said to him that I want to learn to write. God shows me so much and I fear I can’t contain it without putting it in writing. His response; then write! A typical Jon Estes response; things come way to easy for him, especially the mornings. Doing the blog was another way he saw for me to write what God was doing in my life.

I recently was disappointed with my blog site and the lack of response received from God’s invitation for us all to brag on Him. I had this expectation of grandiose proportions. When those expectations weren’t met I quit. To be honest when Jon would question me about it, I couldn’t figure out the purpose behind it. Why do it? What was it to accomplish? What fruit was it bearing? If there were no obvious results then why waste the time?

I now have my purposes. It’s not necessarily for you out there but for Him….and me. I am His witness! I am not called to defend Him but to be His witness. I will declare how awesome He is in my everyday encounters with Him. I will testify of changes He is making in me. I will openly praise and thank Him for all things and in all things. I will proclaim His truth as He reveals it to me. I will worship Him. Will I challenge you? That will be entirely up to you and Him. Do I want to hear from you…of course but this blog will no longer be dependent on the response or lack there of. I may at times ask specifically for your insights, feelings and experiences to enrich and enlighten me as I teach and disciple other women. They need us and I need you.

So what will be the format for the blog, exactly what it is titled; my ponderings. Let me warn you I ponder a lot and they don’t always make a lot of sense to anyone else but me…and Him! Hallelujah for that. He does understand me completely and still loves me faithfully. He is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola Pam!
I am glad you have decided to start blogging again. Although I haven't commented on your prior blogs, rest assured that I have read them!

Laura =)

Anonymous said...

Hi again! Ok, the prior comment was a test because I had written a comment twice already and for whatever reason, it wasn't getting posted! Anyway, thanks for the encouraging e-mails and calls from Jon during Brian's critical hospitalization. It is awesome to know that I can always count on you to uplift me in prayer to our Heavenly Father! I also wanted to thank you for the wonderful words of inspiration that you have given me in the past and still now, through your blogs. I especially want to thank you for teaching me to see our Lord as "Daddy". It never was clearer to me than it was during Brian's ICU stay. I felt my daddy so close to me during that time. It was because of Him and only Him that I am still physically here and in all my senses (although some may beg to differ...ha ha!) I felt Him so close...closer than ever before. He wasn't just sitting back watching what was going on. He was right there going through it all with me. He picked me up like a baby and cradled me and held me! He reassured me that although the doctors were saying that Brian was not going to live to see the next day, He let me know that it was ok. He reminded me that HE was in control and not anyone else. I felt His loving and comforting arms surround me and carry me through all the ups and downs the entire time! I felt him and knew Him as my daddy during the roughest time of my life! In the mornings when I would awaken, He would let me know He was watching over me and Brian and the kids. At night, when I couldn't sleep, He would rock me to sleep. I remembered your words and thanked him for everything and IN everything, even through the hardest trial in my life this far. He continues to be my daddy everyday and I want to thank you for planting that image of Him in my mind during Sunday School lessons...being my "daddy". I had that image in my mind, but it became so vivid during this time. You have truly been a blessing to me! I praise God for all that you have shared and taught me. I know that God used you as an instrument in bringing me closer to Him. Although I may have never told you so, I wanted to be sure that you know. Thanks for all you've taught me and continue to teach me. The title of your blog is so a propo for where my life is at this time...I love you!

Daddy's Little Girl,

Laura =)

Pamela Estes said...

Laura,
How sweet and faithful you are to read my blogs when you have been so very busy yourself. Thank you.
How awesome to hear you exhalting our Daddy! I love what He said to you, "I am in control, no one
else." How very true and so often we tend to forget His power and His being in complete control in the midst of chaos. I know that the two of you will never doubt His faithfulness, love and power. Afterall, He is your Daddy!

Anonymous said...

My dear sweet sister and friend. Oh how I miss you! I know I'm not one of the ones you want to hear from and I have tried very hard to abide by your wishes to make a clean break, but it has torn my heart a little not to be able to talk to you. I love you and Jon so very much, miss you immensely and am thankful for the times I could glean from your table. Thank you for blogging again. I read every one! I haven't left a comment, but I read them. I can still hear your voice - see you talk with your hands - and hear the voice of my wonderful, awesome God speak through you. Keep proclaiming our Beloved's word and the redeeming power of His love and grace and KNOW that you are loved and prayed for daily.

I love you.

Me - Called to "stay by the stuff"