Monday, September 18, 2006

Here am I, send me...

Recently I was called upon to go and talk to someone about some major issues going on in her life. Because of who this person was I was extremely nervous about talking to her. I was doubting my ability to share anything of significance with her because her experiences were foreign in many ways to what I have experienced. I can remember Jon looking over at me at one time and saying, “You really are nervous, aren’t you?” I talked to God pacing as I did so. I asked Him, “Why me?” “Can’t You find someone who can actually help her?” “I don’t know what to say; I don’t know how to help her.” As I was pacing back and forth I hear Him whisper gently, “Isaiah 61.”

Let me go back a few months to March 16th. Another pause, many of you are wondering how I know the date. I JOURNAL and follow a SYSTEMATIC Bible reading plan. I knew where to look. Listen, without writing it down there would be so much of God’s works in my life that I would quickly forget. My journal is my way of building an altar every time I encounter the LORD. That’s what they did over and over again in the OT; they built altars so that they would have a visible reminder for themselves and as a testimony to others. This is exactly what I am doing today with this blog.

Back to March 16th. On that day God brought me back to Isaiah 56-61. He showed me again, that the heart of Jesus was to be my heart and my calling. I saw afresh that day that God loves people more than anything and He longs deeply for all peoples to intimately know Him. There are obstacles in their way and He wants them removed. God hears the cries of desperation. His ears are not dull nor His arm to short to save. Yet God has chosen me (you) to be His ears and His arm. God is appalled that in this dark world where He is light and has redeemed us that we may shine forth His light; He can find none to intervene. I answered that day, “Here am I, send me.”

So when God whispered, “Isaiah 61.” I knew exactly what He was saying. He was telling me that He was sending me to reveal His heart and purpose. Here is just a small portion of His heart and purpose:

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,

Because the Lord has anointed Me

To preach good tidings to the poor;

He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,

To proclaim liberty to the captives,

And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

[2] To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,

And the day of vengeance of our God;

To comfort all who mourn,

[3] To console those who mourn in Zion,

To give them beauty for ashes,

The oil of joy for mourning,

The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;

That they may be called trees of righteousness,

The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified."

Isaiah 61:1-3 (NKJV)

As I went obediently and willingly He poured out His Spirit upon me. His love and wisdom came out of my heart and mouth. Healing began that day for someone I love deeply.

Yes God heard her cries for help. Yes God heard my begging for release or help. But let me give a little thanks and praise to other prayers that were heard. My sweet sisters in Christ were heard and responded to by our great and loving Lord. I honestly knew with confidence that I was being prayed for. I truly believe that I would not have had the empowering I had without their intercession. So thank you sweet sisters; how my love for you has grown even at this distance.

Till next time lets’ love as He loves and go when He says go. Let me know when and I will pray for you as you take on His heart’s passion…people.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blogging again. I don't always know how to respond, but sincerely appreciate what you do. Here's something I saw in my woman's devotional Bible when I was preparing the lesson for the kids. It's beautiful and I wanted to share it.


Restore

All my life long I had panted
For a drink from some cool spring
That I hoped would quench the burning
Of the thirst I felt within.

Feeding on the husks around me
Til my strength was almost gone,
Longed my soul for something better,
Only still to hunger on.

Well of water, ever springing
Bread of life, so rich and free,
Untold wealth that never faileth,
My Redeemer is to me.

Hallelujah! I have found Him--
Whom my soul so long has craved!
Jesus satisfies my longings:
Through His blood I now am saved.
-Clara T. Williams

Lisa

C.C. and Double T said...

Pamela,

I agree. I am so glad to have you back on this blog. God has gifted you amazingly in ways which bless you personally and overflow to bless others.

I know many people didn't always respond, but as Jon told me about my blog, "It does help others, even if they don't say." That was hard for me. I have tried to be honest and vulnerable as I wrote, but not knowing the fruits of my efforts sometimes made it seem pointless. I guess there are times when we will never know how God uses us to speak to others. At least, though, we know that He speaks to us.

Please know that I pray for you often and eagerly await what God gives you to share next. God is up to something great in your lives and I can't wait to see it unfold!

Erin

Pamela Estes said...

Lisa,
Thank you for the beautiful poem. Jesus truly satisfies! Once you have tasted and drank deep of Him there is nothing else that can compete.
Love ya,
Pam

Pamela Estes said...

Erin,
Thank you for your words of encouragement. We have both known heartache and still we have grown in our love and faith...I know there is so much more for the both of us. We journey onward!
Love ya,
Pam

robert said...

The "poem" Lisa shared is actually a gospel song, written by Clara Williams. The words caught my eye this morning because this is the 151st anniversary of the author's birth. It's a wonderful reminder of the soul satisfaction found in the Lord Jesus Christ. If you want to learn a bit more, you can check out my blog for today on Wordwise Hymns. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I`m going to...
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online bgi

Anonymous said...

interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter.