Wednesday, May 10, 2006

GLORY!

I was awakened one morning this week with thoughts swirling around the familiar phrase, Bloom Where You are Planted. Spring is in the air, yet I find myself in the dead of winter waiting for spring to arrive so that I can bloom again. I could hear God say, “Is that right?" Anytime God asks a question it’s our invitation to put on the ole hiking boots and put the feet to walking and climbing. Not exactly what one plans to do in the dead of winter.

Some of you are laughing and wanting to awake me to the fact it is almost May, not the dead of winter. I’m not talking about the earthly calendar but the spiritual calendar. Not about the outdoor occurrences but the personal circumstances. We’ve all been here and more than likely will be here again before our journey with God, this side of glory, ends. That being the case… I’m tying the laces on my boots. There is something God wants me to discover, to learn and then live. GLORY!

2 comments:

C.C. and Double T said...

Dear Pamela,

Oh, how I have missed you! I think of you so often and pray for you.

I KNOW that God has incredible things in store for you and Jon and that He will teach you and bless you in your spiritual WINTER and in your SPRING!

You have been such an inspiration to me and I love you very much. For so many years, you have poured your life into others, teaching, ministering, and mentoring. Please tell me anything I can do to minister to YOU in this NEW time of your lives. Let me know how you are doing and if you get a moment, check out my blog! :-) http://his-heart.blogspot.com/

Love, Erin

p.s. Please send me your current address... you can email me at elvinersar@liberty.edu

Pamela Estes said...

Erin, our current address is 6006 Goliad, Dallas, TX 75206. It is always wonderful to hear from you and I miss you terribly. I'm hoping that when the LORD reveals His plan we will be able to meet you and Daniel somewhere. I'm actually handling things well...I've been very busy working and enjoying it for the most part. Prayers for God to march out like a mighty man into our situation and be big is all I can think of that you can do for me. I'm so ready to cross on over yet i'm standing at the waters edge and He is saying, "not yet, hold on wait a minute, I'll tell you when to go." Waiting is hard but it has purpose. I have been so busy and access to internet has been rare but I promise now that I am in Dallas I will do better. Stay in touch. Love ya!