Sunday, June 10, 2007

SBC Pastor's Conference: Sunday, June 7, 2007

I love the Pastor's conference! It has always been a highlight of my year. A time to be challenged and renewed in my calling. I am hoping that this year will be no different. Tonight was good. I was actually moved by the message in a particular song than any of the messages. The song was, "How Great is Our God." There is a line in the song that says, "That all may see our God is great." This is my prayer for Jackson Park Baptist Church that we as His people would see and know His greatness to the extent of abundant and lavish praise of Him that others would see and know our God is great.

This reminded me of our 2nd Ladies Night Out. The heart talk was taken from the prayer of Jesus for each of us. (John 17:20-26) That night I made a commitment that I would begin to pray in agreement with Jesus' own desires for us. I hope that you too will commit with me to pray for Jackson Park (or your church) in line with Jesus' own prayer. Below I have paraphrased what Jesus desired of us and the results He desires.

1. Make us one with each others
2. Make us one with Him
3. Make us perfect (complete)
4. This side of heaven we be where Jesus
5. Let us see Jesus' glory
5. Divine love be in us
6. Christ be in us

Results
1. That the world will know He is God
2. That the world will know He loves them

The results of Jesus' prayer being answered in our lives as a corporate body is that the world will see and know our God is great! God is so good to remind us of our commitments. Before going to bed tonight I will pray and maybe someone out there will be praying with me and Jesus.

No comments: